Join Us (Benefits of Memberships)
As an employer-led non-profit, our goal is to help you – the employer who purchases health care – bend the steep trend of the health care cost increases that have been burdening your organization and to help your employees receive higher quality care.
Benefits of membership for employers and professionals include:
Networking. Member-based, CBGH provides a unique opportunity for you to interact with and learn from colleagues and peers in similar situations through:
- Purchaser only meetings and conferencing to explore new ideas.
- Member Directory for making connections with colleagues.
Education. Market based, practical learning opportunities through:
- Monthly strategy sessions by regional and national thought leaders.
- Discounted registration for our annual Colorado Culture of Health & Wellbeing Conference.
- Free registration for the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions (National Alliance) Annual Meeting.
Publications and Resources. Numerous resources, rich in both data and tactics are available to members, including:
- National Alliance’s Action Briefs on timely issues from specialty drugs to mental health.
- Webinars from screened vendors with value-based approaches and ideas.
- Blogs by CBGH staff on current trends and challenges.
- Managed Care Digest-Colorado Edition documenting trends in chronic diseases that impact employers the most.
- Strategic planning support by CBGH staff on an ad hoc basis at no expense.
Tools and Benchmarks. Access to the “best of the best” in national programs for benchmarking and evaluating vendor performance. Tools, some of which involve additional fees, include:
- CareChex providing annual comparisons of hospital quality scores on a service-line basis.
- Healthcare BlueBook for profiling pricing variations within your network.
- Leapfrog for profiling hospital safety improvement opportunities.
- Prometheus Analytics for clinically actionable reporting.
Pharmacy Benefits Program. Members can participate in this employer-governed cost-saving PBM through Employers Health that is saving members 20-30%.
Governance. Purchaser members have unique benefits, and opportunities to influence CBGH’s direction. Rights and responsibilities include:
- Nominating and electing officers.
- Participating in strategic planning and goal setting for the organization.
- Reviewing and adopting our annual budget.
- Serving on the Executive Committee.
How Can You Join
Member Application Form
Affiliate Application Form
Please contact Bonnie.Martin@cbghealth.org with any questions.