Empowering Value-Based Purchasing
Because knowledge is power, CBGH offers a variety of interactive educational programs on various dimensions of value-based purchasing and benefit designs. CBGH members learn from each other as well as from local, regional, and national leaders and experts.
- The Colorado Purchasing Alliance. The Colorado Purchasing Alliance is aggregating public and private health purchasers with the goal of engaging willing providers in immediate and on-going improvement in the quality and affordability of health care for all Coloradans – including those covered by self-funded employers, fully-insured employers, Taft-Hartley plans, trusts, and individuals who purchase care on the exchange. Purchasers interested in discussing the employer purchasing collaborative should contact Robert Smith, Executive Director of CBGH at 303.922-0939 or Robert.Smith@CBGHealth.org
- Monthly Strategy Sessions. We offer several strategy sessions throughout the year for our members and affiliates to hear from regional and national leaders and engage in discussions on strategic issues for improving health care value. Check our calendar for future sessions and posting of materials from recent sessions.
- Market Overviews for Leadership. Each year, CBGH provides members with an overview of the health care market within which employers purchase health care. CBGH leadership is available to share that market overview with senior leadership and boards in support of Human Resources and Finance staff seeking to change their health care environment.
- Webinars. In partnership with other health care experts, CBGH offers a series of webinars by national leaders on topics such as self-funding, on-site clinics, employee benefits, employee literacy and more.
- Colorado Business Group on Health’s Annual Forum. This premier conference is designed for Colorado and national private and public employers to include directors and senior benefits executives, chief financial officers, risk managers and directors, Colorado legislators, senior leaders of national business groups/coalitions on health and their employer members. Keynote, lunch, and breakout sessions will include topics on Health Literacy, Value-based Benefit Design, Economics of Wellness, Employee Engagement and Health Policy/Legal Compliance. Click here to learn more about the CBGH Annual Forum.
- National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions Annual Conference. CBGH members can attend, at no charge, the annual meeting of the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchasing Coalitions which brings together HR, benefits, and financial executives from companies across the country so you can hear firsthand how other employers – large and small – are addressing the same issues and challenges you are addressing.